TYPE OF FUND: Cemetery Preservation Sub-Fund / Field of Interest
DATE ESTABLISHED: May 21, 2008
PURPOSE: Funds are to be used for maintenance, upkeep, and beautification of the Long Family
Cemetery located in Holly Meadows 1.5 miles north of Parsons, WV.
DISTRIBUTION: An annual grant will be awarded to the Tucker County Historical Society for the
maintenance, upkeep and beautification of the Long Family Cemetery in accordance with the TCF
Cemetery Preservation Fund Specifications. Any excess funds, as determined by the board of TCF can be
distributed to the Tucker County Historical Society in furtherance of their mission.
VARIANCE POWER: If, in the judgment of the TCF Board of Directors, the restrictions and
conditions of the fund become unnecessary, incapable of fulfillment or inconsistent with the charitable
needs of the community, the TCF Board of Directors maintains the right to modify the terms of this fund.
TCF has exclusive legal control over any contributed assets.
FUNDING: A donation of $10,000 was made by David E. Long of Keyser, WV, and his family in
memory of James E. and Harriet Parsons Long, his great-grandparents.
BACKGROUND: This fund was established to provide perpetual funding for the maintenance and
beautification of the Long Family Cemetery which is located in “the” Holly Meadows north of Parsons
via State Route 72 and 0.4 miles south-east of the Moss Lane (Leadmine Road). The cemetery is the final
resting place for 45 or more members of the Long family and their relatives whose presence in the Holly
Meadows dates to the early1800s. Among those interred are James E. and Harriet Parsons Long, direct
descendants of some of the earliest settlers of that community. The land upon which the cemetery is
located remained continuously in the Long Family farm from 1816 until 2006.